Have you wondered whether it’s possible to find gratifying work in a fast-paced startup that is also mission focused?
Join EarlyBird Education where we are leveraging cutting-edge brain science, artificial intelligence and gamification to prevent reading struggles. Children play a game and we can identify whether they are at risk for reading difficulties, like dyslexia – even before they learn to read – and in the window when intervention re-wires the brain for reading success. With a mission to scale this to all children nationwide, EarlyBird is already in use in schools across the country with thousands of children. Join this fast growing, venture-funded team as we provide essential data, tools and resources to support educators, parents and pediatricians to change the learning trajectory of children nationwide.
As an Account Executive, and critical early employee of this startup company, you will play a major role in scaling this next-generation education technology. We’ll look to you to do what you do best; to bring fresh ideas to the table that can make our products, our work and our team better. This is your opportunity to play a key role in a company that is transforming the way young children learn.
- Qualify inbound leads and convert those leads into new partnerships
- Craft and execute outbound strategy in partnership with EarlyBird’s instructional experts, and key opinion leaders in specific markets
- Optimize sales process with Marketing, Sales Leader and Customer Success
- Update CRM with learnings and pipeline projections
Skills and Experience
- 1-4 years experience as a quota-carrying sales representative and/or sales closer experience in K-12 education (preferably SaaS and/or assessment)
- Deep understanding of early literacy curriculum, instruction, and assessment as it pertains to the Science of Reading.
- Ability to connect and build trust with school and district decision-makers
- Ability to navigate complex early literacy conversations with enthusiasm, substance and nuance
- Self-motivated with ability to work in fast paced, changing environment
What you will get out of this role
- The chance to connect with educators around a really challenging, complex, and critical instructional problem in schools by scaling the reach of EarlyBird to tens of thousands of students.
- A chance to build the growth engine of a research-driven education company from the ground up without compromising integrity, ambition, or fun.
- A direct line to the product development team to share feedback from the field in order to make EarlyBird the strongest PreK-3 literacy platform in the market.
- Become knowledgeable in early literacy instruction and dyslexia screening from some of the world’s foremost experts.
- Contribute meaningfully to the culture of an inclusive, dynamic, and substantive growth team at a mission-driven education technology company.
- Leadership opportunities to drive innovative approaches to pipeline development and positioning in the K-12 market.
Culture – We are building a team that brings a joyful urgency to this serious and critical work. We are science-driven and crave feedback. We assume best intentions and look for opportunities to lift our teammates up. We are transparent and humble with our customers while also being proud of the value and service we can provide them. Below are a few of the beliefs that we hold as a team and the type of person we think will do well on our team:
- All children are capable of learning at a high level
- Every child deserves access to evidence-based literacy instruction tailored to their needs
- Educators deserve comprehensive literacy assessment data that is accessible and actionable.
- Schools and districts need instructional and technology partners that build the tools and provide the support that are targeted and responsive to their feedback.
- We have the team, technology, and focus to meaningfully change the trajectory of millions of children’s lives.
- Organized and strong time management skills
- Excellent writer; you enjoy crafting a message for a particular person and then revising that message over time as you look at the effectiveness of your initial attempt.
- Self-aware and persuasive communicator; you make space for others to share their passion and expertise while knowing when you can contribute most to individual and group conversations.
- A thirst for knowledge and growth in a mission-driven start-up; your skills and ambition could take you anywhere, but you are motivated each day by the fact that our solution helps teachers empower and liberate students from reading difficulties.
- A sense of urgency and persistence; the window for intervention for millions of kids is now and you are driven to meet that moment for those children.
- Flexible; we’re a small company that moves and reacts fast when there is sufficient data and evidence to justify a change in direction.
- Critical early member of a startup team
- Competitive Compensation
- Fun & Flexible Team
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work hours
- Excellent health and dental insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Home Office Setup Stipend
- Remote team, with regular company gatherings