Have you wondered whether it’s possible to find gratifying work in a fast-paced startup that is also mission focused?
Join EarlyBird Education where you can change children’s lives.
We are hiring a Technical Customer Support Manager who will be responsible for delivering top tier customer support and shaping our systems and structures to optimize customer success for this fast growing venture backed startup.
Our team is looking for a Technical Support Manager who is responsible for delivering a high quality support experience to our customers. As a critical early employee of this startup company, you will play a major role in shaping the delivery of the EarlyBird customer support to states, districts, and schools. You are at the center of customer success, by providing troubleshooting, problem solving, tech support, and analytics to drive continuous improvement. You are passionate about making the customer experience delightful. You contribute to team energy, anticipate and address problems proactively before they happen, enjoy front-facing interactions, working collaboratively and also independently, and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving start-up environment. You are energized, flexible, detail-oriented, and excited about building value for customers.
Reporting to the Head of Product, and working collaboratively with the Customer Success Team, your primary responsibility will focus on customer success and support throughout the customer journey, with an emphasis on IT support, and delighting customers to help meet retention and expansion goals. This role gives you the opportunity to experience many facets of business operations, and support the full range of business needs. You will bring learnings back to the EarlyBird team to continuously improve product and delivery.
Location and Experience with Diverse Populations and Geographies
EarlyBird is headquartered in the Boston, MA area, but employees work remotely and are located nationwide. Candidates who have experience working with the diverse communities and geographies of the students and schools we serve are especially encouraged to apply. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our EarlyBird culture and practices.
- Provides technical support to teachers and educators via phone, email, video conferencing and chat while demonstrating excellent empathy, active listening, and resiliency skills
- Leads and coordinates immediate and advanced technical troubleshooting on our products.
- Achieves and maintains key performance targets – including average call handle time, case resolution time, first contact resolution rate, and customer satisfaction.
- Analyzes, documents, and escalates issues to the Product and Engineering team.
- Partners with the Customer Success team on engaging with our customers to ensure a smooth digital rostering and onboarding process.
- Implements quality control procedures and develops best practices to ensure continuous improvement of the product and customer experience.
- Continually learns and grows on key support topics, product knowledge and technical and soft skills.
- Maintains an upbeat, enthusiastic attitude and outgoing personality that inspires our clients and fuels our team to achieve high client satisfaction ratings.
Analytics and EarlyBird Growth
- Solicit and synthesize customer feedback to inform product refinement and customer service systems.
- Utilize CRM analytics to provide data and reports on customer utilization of EarlyBird.
- Identify hot topics from customer service work/data analytics to refine product development.
- Flexibly support other areas of EarlyBird development and growth.
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in a customer support role at a SaaS company required; EdTech experience a plus.
- Proven experience providing multi-level troubleshooting and technical support to customers.
- Passionate about technology, and finds joy in learning and sharing new technologies.
- Experience with CRM systems and appreciation for the value in documenting and tracking activity.
- Ability to operate in a highly efficient manner by multi-tasking in a fast paced and goal-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, and collaborate across the EarlyBird team.
- Established leadership experience and excellent presentation skills.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, analytical, prioritization, and detail-oriented skills.
- Strong passion for exceeding customer expectations.
- Demonstrable track record of meeting and exceeding goals and targets.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- High energy, goal-orientation and flexibility; ready to go the extra mile to achieve success
- Passion for the work, curiosity and interest in working with school leaders
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Excellent health and dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work hours
- Paid parental leave
- Work remotely, with regular company gatherings
- Home office setup – laptop + office setup stipend
- Work with a smart, fun, caring, collaborative team
- Critical early member of a startup team
EarlyBird Education is a tech platform that leverages cutting-edge brain science, artificial intelligence, and gamification to prevent reading disabilities. Children play a game and we can identify whether they are at risk for reading difficulties, like dyslexia – even before they learn to read – and in the window when intervention has a dramatic impact on reading and self-esteem outcomes. With a mission to scale this to all children nationwide, EarlyBird is already in use in districts in twenty states across the country with tens of thousands of children. Join this fast-growing, venture-funded team as we provide essential data, tools, and resources to support educators, parents, and pediatricians to change the learning trajectory of children nationwide.